Squash Wales clubs that hold a Club Charter will have the following:
- An infrastructure that is child friendly/accessible and welcoming with excellent facilities plus qualified, registered and fully insured coaches.
- Coaches and officials who have adopted the Squash Wales Safeguarding & Protecting Children Policy and Procedures.
- Approved to deliver the Squash Wales Mini Squash and Player Development Awards.
- Experience in forging links with local schools.
- Excellent coaching and competitive programmes catering for all levels of ability.
The Club Charter is a progressive club development programme which will:
- Increase the number of adults and juniors playing squash through structured playing and competitive club programmes.
- Increase the recruitment, education and development of coaches and volunteers.
- Improve the infrastructure of Squash Wales club network.
The Club Charter will be awarded by the following method.
Clubs can apply for one of the following levels:
Each level of the Club Charter will be split into the following assessment package:
- Coach requirement
- Club management & communication
- Duty of care
- Coaching Programme
- Competition Programme
- Clubs must satisfy the criteria statements applicable to the level they are working towards by either providing the required evidence or signing to conform with requirements
- Meet their Regional Development Officer (RDO) West/North/South who will be required to sign to confirm that some of the criteria have been met and provide appropriate advice
- The completed assessment package will then be sent to the Squash Wales Club Charter Assessor who will check the criteria have been satisfied
- Successful applications will be returned with a certificate and plaque
- Clubs can improve their accreditation level at any time by applying for an upgrade
- The Club Charter Award is valid for three years
BENEFITS FOR CLUBS
The following are in addition to the benefits offered to affiliated clubs and are exclusive to clubs who have achieved a Charter award:
- Squash Wales Certificate of Achievement and monetary reward
- Club Charter plaque
- Use the Squash Wales Club Charter logo on club promotional material e.g. websites, newsletters, letterheads
- Support from a Regional Development Officer
- Opportunities to host:
Coach Education Courses
Junior Development Events
- Clubs will be listed on the Squash Wales website with a link to their website.
Please e-mail Squash Wales at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the club charter or click here to download a copy
All the templates mentioned in Section 6 are available as above or click on the template you would like below to download a copy:
Template 1 - Constitution
Template 2 - Risk Assessment Form
Template 3 - Equity Policy Statement
Template 4 - Safeguarding Children Policy Statement
Template 5 - Personal Disclosure Form
Template 6 - Code of Ethics & Code of Conduct for Officials
Template 7 - Accident & Injury Report Form
Template 8 - Incident Report Form
Template 9 - Attendance Register
Template 10 - Development Plan