The purpose of the group is to have a collective review of referee activity periodically and have consideration and input from representation of all aspects of the game, Referee, Player, Governing body and Referee Coordinator.
Formation of group;
Referee Representative - Senior Referee to be selected at time of meeting
Referee Co-ordinator – Matthew O’Connor, Chair person
Governing Body Representative – to be selected at time of meeting
Male Player Representative – to be selected at time of meeting
Female Player Representative – to be selected at time of meeting
Terms of reference
The remit for the remit of the group is to;
- Review referee assessments.
- Recommend actions from referee assessments in terms of qualification of candidates, progression and demotion. The group will also recommend constructive feedback to be provided to those assessed.
- The group will review conduct forms submitted for the period and make recommendations to the governing body on appropriate action to be taken on a case by case basis.
- The group will review tutors and assessors. Discussing suitability of people in these roles, recommendations for suitable people to approach for roles and ways to develop this area.
- The group will review the structure of courses and assessments.
- The group will review referee projects such as the Prem ‘A’ project.
- The group will review and discuss the referee strategy for Wales and identify key targets to achieve over the following periods and recommendations on how to deliver those.